Monday, November 11, 2013

Grateful & a winner! {whimsical twist}


Today at Whimsical Twist some of the design team is sharing what they are grateful and/or thankful for. I am immensely grateful for my relationships with these ladies. Each one of them in important to me, and I was so lucky to get to spend a weekend in October with them.

If you aren't sure who these ladies are, here they are from left to right: Renee (a very dear friend of mine who makes me laugh and wipes my tears. I'd be lost without her), me, Sara Z. (bestie, soul sister, scrapbooking Skyper and fellow coffee junkie. She is my "twin" living way too far away), Heather L. (an amazing scrapbooking artist who makes me belly laugh — I love that!), and Audrey Y. (the perfect mix of Upstate NY humor and Texan hospitality. I am blessed to call her a friend)

This is probably the first time these girls have heard/read how I feel about them…so let's let it sink in for a minute… OK, girls? Love ya!


For my layout, I used some of my favorite brands and pieces from the last CHA release. I love when I can just cobble together elements I love and get them to all work together on one layout. 

Through a series of layers, I was able to get even the transparencies to pop-up off the page without seeing the foam dots. I felt pretty darn clever and am very happy with how this turned out.


Thanks for stopping by here today. Scoot on over to the Whimsical Twist blog sometime today to see what the rest of the gals made. Below you can find links to the Whimisical Twist shop for the items I used (happy shopping!).

Supplies: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party - Wood Veneers), (Amy Tan Cut & Paste - Stitched Vellum Pockets, Fabric Stickers), Crate Paper (Maggie Holmes Flea Market - 12 x 12 Printed Bokeh Vellum Paper), Allison Kreft for Webster's Pages (Recorded Alpha Sticker), Fancy Pants (Happy-go-lucky Small Decorative Tags), Sequins

*************************

I also have a winner to announce! The winner of my Krafty Kringle December Days Flair giveaway is…


Tracie Marie!


Tracie, send an email with your shipping info to dianadesigns [at] rochester.rr.com and we'll get that prized shipped to you. 

Thank you to everyone who commented on the giveaway post! 


6 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

Beautiful layout. Congrats to your winner.

Amanda said...

I love how you used the sequins!

Amy said...

What a lovely layout! Love the design!

Leanne said...

such a beautiful and meaningful LO..x

Unknown said...

I love this photo and layout soo much! I feel so luck you call you (and all these ladies) my friend. So I make you belly laugh, huh?

Unknown said...

You know, I actually expected a glitter comment but best keep those secrets in the vault. :)