Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Shaker & Spring Cards {lily bee}


This week at Lily Bee we are focusing on unique techniques. Wednesdays are card days, so we are looking at something unique you can do with your cards. Leslie and I decided to think of the cards from a 3-D perspective and worked from there.

For my first card, I made a shaker card. I know it's really easy to just fill it with sequins and go from there, but I also added confetti using the same patterns of paper that are on the card itself. It helps to pull in the look when you shake it around. 


These adorable strawberries are from the Sweet Shoppe collection. Too cute, right?!

For my second card, I wanted to make a little springy card. Well, I don't have those springs manufactured specifically for your paper projects, so I stole one from a clicky pen I had and cut it down to fit. 


I took the pen spring and adhered it using really strong craft glue. A glue like Helmar or Beacon work well. One side of the spring was stuck to the back of the "celebrate today" circle and the other side was threaded through the "&" circle and also glued down to the label. 


If you flick the "celebrate you" circle, it bounces. You might lose an eye taking it out of the envelope though (lol).


Thanks for stopping here today to see my unique techniques for cards. Stop by the Lily Bee blog to see what Leslie did today as well as the rest of the great unique paper techniques all week long.

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

LOVE the idea of fun confetti containers on your cards!