Thursday, May 24, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week {imaginisce}


It is Teacher Appreciation Week at Imaginisce. I hope you've been by there this week to see all of the creativity and fabulous ideas the design team girls came up with.

I made a gift card holder and also wrapped up a Hershey's bar to make it pretty. (Sidebar: This was hubs' candy bar. He was quite appalled that I "scrapped" his candy bar when he couldn't find it. It was a pretty funny conversation when I told him why I had taken it. lol)


Here is a simple idea for a gift card holder if you don't have a die cut machine that can cut one for you. Take apart an existing gift card holder at the seams and trace it onto paper you want to use. Then, using scissors or your trimmer, cut out the pattern you made.


That's how I made this. I traced the pattern for an Ann Taylor LOFT gift card holder. It had multiple folds and allowed for more creative space to write a message and decorate the front.

If you missed the Hello Cupcake reveal at Imaginisce, the papers I used for this set are from Hello Cupcake. Fabulous line for celebrations, isn't it?!

Thanks for stopping by to see my teacher gift idea. Hope you are having a great week!

5 comments:

Jingle said...

These are fabulous and thanking you for thanking your teachers! My husband didn't even get a thank you from the ADMIN at his school during teacher appreciation week...not a thing.

Kimberly Kett said...

What a fabulous card and gift idea!

Diana Waite said...

this is GREAT! I especially love the candy bar part--too funny! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea!!! I loveeeeeee the colors and the chocolate bar! YUM!!

Margareta Carlsson said...

I love this card! It's so bright, fun and happy! Great design!