Wednesday, March 7, 2012

i love you. i do.


Hello! I had seen this idea of an all-white canvas on Pinterest last year and vowed to make one for myself. I chose our little family saying, "I love you. I do." It originated when Nate was only a year or two old. He couldn't say I love you (at least not audibly) so when I said, "I love you" to him, he'd repeat back, "I do." And it stuck. 

To this day, we all still say, "I love you. I do," and I say it to Nate every night when I tuck him into bed. 


Here it is hanging on the wall in my craft room. That's where it's going to live for now. I'm not quite finished with it yet. I got the idea from my friend Renee to add a picture of me, Nate and Brad, but I need to have a new one taken first. I just couldn't find one I liked. 

Plus it looks so good on the dark brown wall.


Since I knew I was posting this on a Wednesday, I decided to go ahead with a Workspace Wednesday post that my friend Jingle does so very well most Wednesdays. I always like seeing her space, so I'm getting in on it myself this week.

I had an up-close shot, too, but I have a super-secret, not-yet-revealed collection on my desk that no one can see yet. *wink*

Thanks for stopping in to see my home decor project. Gotta love that Pinterest! It only helps if you actually do the things you pin. It's like the new Bucket List for crafters.

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee this idea!!! I need to make one with our family saying!!!!! Thanks for the inspo!!! You ROCK!

Danielle said...

Love the canvas and you space is adorable!

Anonymous said...

love that canvas!

Fifty-two pairs in 2012 said...

I love that you used a special phrase meaningful to your family. Good work!
Rosie

Jingle said...

What a great canvas and such a cute phrase, too! Your space is fabulous! I'm so glad you joined in!

Tessa Buys said...

Love this!

Heidi said...

Love it! And I love the story behind it.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Love the white on white! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

That's great! I have that project pinned too!! And such a cute story behind it. It's sure to make you smile each time you look at it!

Diana Waite said...

I think I have that SAME idea pinned just haven't created it yet! This is AWESOME--really like how it;s a family quote too--GREAT space too!

Emily Pitts said...

i agree it looks stunning on the brown wall. love it! i do :)

Donna said...

That is just too adorable, both the story and the canvas! Thank you for sharing :)

Rebecca Keppel said...

love your space and that beautiful canvas and the super sweet story behind it :)