Monday, April 11, 2011

For a special little boy



My husband's cousin and his wife, who live in Fla., had their third boy about a week and a half ago. When I heard that they were decorating his room in a Curious George theme, I knew immediately that it was time to use this image of George that I had cut out of one of Nate's story book that he'd destroyed when he was an infant.

Giving an infant a paper book is rarely a good idea—hence, board books. I had saved this and stashed it away from a page that had be ripped out. I'm so excited to mail this doorknob hanger off to them!


The background paper is Lily Bee, letters are AC Thickers and the felt clouds are die cut from the Papertrey Ink cloud dies. The buttons are also Papertrey Ink.


And what's a baby gift without a card!? I made this with inspiration from Card Patterns sketch #110. Gotta love that site! Great jumping off point for me every week.


I used the same Lily Bee paper as the background and kept the jungle animal theme so that the gift will match a bit. Hope Mike, Mandy and new baby Hudson love this! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. And thanks to everyone who did the No Housework hop this past weekend. I loved seeing all of the inspiration, and I appreciate all of you who stopped to leave a comment or signed up to follow my little blog. THANKS!!!

16 comments:

Pam said...

That is the cutest! That is a great idea to tear out pages of old, worn children's books. Love the illustrations! Off to check out the card sketch website. TFS! :-)

Dana Tatar said...

I LOVE the door hanger! What a fabulous gift!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee these!! I am loving that you had the Curious George from the book to use!! And that little lion is CUTE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jingle said...

Oh, my goodness, these are SOOOOOO cute!

Handmade Hannah said...

So so cute. Thanks for sharing :)

Tammy said...

What a cute set! I love that curious george icecream cone. So fun.

heidi said...

Soooooo cute!

Becky said...

That door hangar is so adorable! What a great little baby gift!

Mary Hamer said...

Awesomely adorable projects!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely ADORABLE! My daughter would flip over that image of Curious George! She's such a fan! TFS!

Unknown said...

EEEK! Its George! The kids love him on PBS! Think hes so silly! perfect baby gifty!

scrapinbabygal said...

What an awesome idea to make a door hanger! I have a friend's shower this weekend so I just might do this for her baby girl coming. Such adorable embellishments and papers you picked for both! have a good week! sabrina

EverydayMe said...

soooooo adorable... Rainee loves George... and that card is so cute... she is sure to love both... lucky baby!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

whoistracy said...

What a sweet little card and door hanger. Just adorable! So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!

NinaB said...

What adorable projects and I'm glad that the Card Patters blog is a good jumping point for you. Thanks for joining us this week.

Emily D. said...

So cute Diana!!! Great idea!!