Friday, February 11, 2011

Taking a chance...


If you are a Facebook friend of mine, you may have seen a week or 2 ago a post about my going for a ham & swiss croissant and ending up with a fabulous opportunity. This is about that moment. :)

I work in a historic area called Victor, NY. The buildings are older and the village is quaint. One of those building is The Historic Dryer House. The women that recently refurbished the building and started a Tea Room also take vendors for nearly every nook and cranny in the two-story home-turned-business.

I am now one of those vendors. YAY! The opportunity was a bit more complicated than my relationship with La Bella Mela, but I had to give it a try. And the two businesses are nearly an hour away from each other in two different counties—so, no conflict (which was important to me to preserve the relationship I already have at La Bella Mela).

Here are some pictures of my little corner all set up with the beginning of my craftiness.





I am so excited about this endeavor and I have the highest hopes for taking a chance on this. Any ideas what else I can make for this space? I have so many ideas!! I get to use that whole wall adjacent to my table, so many more framed items are in the works.

Have a great Friday, and thank you for sharing this moment with me. I know I owe a huge debt to all you for supporting my crafts and giving me the confidence to give this a go.

19 comments:

lisa said...

Oh Diana, how cute : ) I just love the look.
Something I've been wanting to make is a pin cushion inside an old style tea cup.

patti west said...

How wonderful for you, Diana!! You will certainly be a big hit at the shop! Your display looks sweet. Best wishes!!! hugs, patti

Steph/Mizzbzb said...

Congratulations! I am sure your items will do really well.

Audrey Yeager said...

FANTSASTIC!!! How awesome! When we are in central NY this summer I HAVE to check it out!!!!! I'm sure your ideas will be just perfect!

Becky said...

Congratulations! I wish you the BEST of luck!!!! :)

Tessa Buys said...

So exciting! It looks beautiful and I'm sure you'll be a huge success!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Congrats what a wonderful opportunity!

Liz Michaud said...

Best of luck with your new venture! Your space looks amazing!

Unknown said...

Yay, I am soooo very excited for you!!!! As for ideas, maybe a papery cupcake with sentiments on it, headbands with your amazing flowers, altered candles/candle holders, maybe a fancy hat card or something. Ooh, creative jouces are flowing.

my4blessings said...

How exciting! If I lived anywhere near there I would have to come and clear out some of that corner! I like the comment about making headbands, I'm always on the lookout for cute things for my girls. Can't wait to hear how it works out!

Lea said...

How awesome!!! Your display is beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Diana Joy said...

Congrats on selling in a new place. Your items are displayed very prettily. Hope you do well there.

Brianna Marshall said...

super exciting!congrats on your new venture!:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! That is AWESOME!!!! CONGRATS babe!! Sooooooooooo proud of you!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diane Payne said...

Congrats and best of luck in your new venture! Your merchandise is fabulous - I have no doubt you'll be successful!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

That is awesome!!!! Yay!!! We should schedule a roadtrip! ;)

Keshet said...

Looks like a great opportunity--and sounds like a super cool place to visit!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Congratulations!! How exciting! All your goodies look so beautiful!

EverydayMe said...

yeah for you...congrats... very excited for you... good luck on your new venture...
{{hugs}} Michelle