Friday, September 3, 2010

sketchy thursdays october gdt challenge


The current Design Team for Sketchy Thursdays doesn't usually play along with the GDT challenge, but this week we are. Heidi worked with Gauche Alchemy and their DT to put together a wonderful challenge for all of us.

As my bloggy friend, Lauren, has pointed out many, many times—any Sketchy Thursdays sketch can be a card sketch. And she is so right! I really liked making this sketch fit onto a card, and am loving how it turned out. I used a mix of My Mind's Eye and American Crafts products.


This is the sketch Heidi made, and check out the details about the prize from Gauche Alchemy on the Sketchy Thursdays challenge blog.

The winner gets to work with us at Sketchy Thursdays for the month of October, get the sketches in advance and be featured along side the DT each week. Oh, and don't forget the fab prize (did you head on over and sneak a peek at it yet)!! It's the Nature Calls kit from Gauche Alchemy.

Can't wait to see what you create! You have until 11:59 p.m. (EST) Saturday, September 18 for your chance to become our next GDT. See you over there!


7 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

ooooo... I'll definitely have to use this sketch -- so cool!! :) Love your card and I left you some comments on your flickr layout photos! And you are totally right... I should definitely get some more 365!! ;) LOL I love those little flowers I got from you. I'm having to force myself to part with them!! I am waiting for the new Pink Paislee and Websters to get here to use the other three... I think they will go well with a couple of the collections!! :) Hope you have a great weekend Diana!!

sarah said...

love the strips on this card, diana! adds the perfect touch to your card.... speaking of cards, i should work on some. i suck horribly at them. haha.

wishing you a fantastic weekend.

hugs,
sarah.

EverydayMe said...

I love this... it is soooo cute... I have a baby shower to go to... I might just need to scrap-lift this... it's just fab!!!

Have a great holiday weekend!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle

Janet's Joy said...

Very cool sketch and I love your take on it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! The colors are awesome and loving that umbrella! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

heidi said...

This is one of my fave cards by you now. Hugs!

lauren bergold said...

oof! that lauren girl must be a real bossy type to go around messin' with you & heidi's sketches, eh?! hang on a second...i think that might be *ME*!!! :) :) :) (hello and welcome to blog-comment theater, lol!)

on the other hand, you & heidi & the rest of the DT are CONSTANTLY pointin' out how a GREAT SKETCH (which obviously the ST ones always are!!!) can be made into ANYTHING!!! ...and looking at this ♥♥♥AWESOME♥♥♥ umbrella-y gem: I REST MY CASE, missus!!!