Thursday, November 5, 2009

11.5 sketchy thursdays layout

It's Thursday which means Sketchy Thursdays is up with a new sketch. Here it is, and I hope you play along with us this week! Studio Calico is sponsoring this week's challenge! Someone is going to walk away with their Tango kit. Check out details about the kit and also how to play along at Sketchy Thursdays.

Here's my page for inspiration.
I was just talking with my friend Leah about why on earth do we make our challenges difficult on ourselves?! She runs a challenge over at Design Dollies and we both had "duh" moments where we boxed ourselves in with our own creations.

My moment: A tilted picture! I NEVER tilt single pictures. Especially negative space ones like this. So, I had to run with it and notice... mine's straight! Ha ha... just proof that even the creator of the sketch has an interpretation of it.



This page is about how, for as long as I can remember, Nate has called the weekends "Mommy Days." I think it was a way for him to keep the days straight before he knew the days of the week. He still calls days home from school "Mommy Days." I just love it!!

We've spent many of those weekend mornings at the playground by our house. That's where this picture was taken.
Thanks for looking!



Supplies: October Afternoon (pp), Sassafras Lass (flowers and felt car), October afternoon (journaling spot stickers), Maya Mist (blue)



4 comments:

Jingle said...

Your page is awesome! I love it! And this sketch is amazing! I can't wait to give it a shot!

Leah l'Orange said...

YUM!! yes, fabby page, and i can't wait to do this one!!

you do know, don't you, that this layout totally works for our Design Dollies sketch challenge this week, too?

Get the Picture by Kathy said...

Wow - this is an awsome sketch. Like your take on it too. Hope to be able to play along again this week.

KarenSue said...

very cool! love this layout and sketch